Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stepping Back in Time

Recently I discovered a website that allows me to download, read and review books, NetGalley.  I thought this would be a great way to find the best books for our library at Alward.

The first book I chose to read was The Universe of Fair by Leslie Bulion.  Having grown up in Ionia, with the Ionia Free Fair...a.k.a, "The Best 10 Days of Summer", I knew this book would hit home with me.

From the beginning of this book, I was transported back to the Midway, smelling the fair fries, hearing the sounds from the Grand Stand and the rides combined.  Miller's first day at the Fair was not at all what he had planned, but what a day it was!  I don't want to give anything away, just trust me, this is a book you will want to read as a family.  I'm going to add this to my book order faster than you can say "cotton candy"!

Keep Reading!
Mrs. F

No comments:

Post a Comment