Tuesday, January 24, 2012

AR Book Blog Entries

Jennifer W. from 5-E
President of the Whole Fifth Grade by Sherri Winston (Realistic Fiction)
Why did you pick this book?
One reason I picked this book was because the back looked good. Also it had cupcakes on the cover. I love books about cupcakes. Another reason I chose the book is because I'm in fifth grade and so I could make connections.
What was your favorite part of this book?
My favorite part of this book is when she goes to Mrs. Wetzel's shop and makes cupcakes. Another thing I likes about this book is it has recipes so you can make some of the things she talks about.Tell the blog readers why you enjoyed this book.
If you like books that are about cooking,food,or anything to do with a kitchen you will be engaged in this book. Also if you like a book about friendship you will love it.
Add any other details about this book that you think is important to share.
In this book a girl named Brianna dreams to be president of the fifth grade. Her dream gets interrupted by Jasmine Moon. If you like a great plot you will love this book!

Claire T.- 5-E
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (Fiction)
Why did you pick this book?
I picked it because, I like the other books  in the series. Also I like some of his other books, they are very interesting.They always have something happening.
What was your favorite part of this book?
My favorite part was the end because it was very exciting and you didn't know what was going to happen next. You thought something was going to happen but it turned out the complete opposite. 
Tell the blog readers why you enjoyed this book.
I enjoyed this book because there are lots of twists and turns. You never knew what was going to happen next. Also it has action, adventure, and a little bit of humor. The characters were so well described you felt like you could actually know them, plus there was always something happening in the story so you never got bored of reading it.    
Add any other details about this book that you think is important to share.
I think it's important to share a little about the story line. The book is about three kids who are children of a god and human. They are called godlings. They have to go on a journey to stop monsters from rising and taking over the mortal world.They travel all over to find stuff they need to stop the monsters. It's a very good book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment